Zinc is considered an 'Essential' trace mineral; this is because small amounts of Zinc are essential for optimal health.
Peak Supps Zinc tablets provide 50mg, 500% of your daily NRV / RDA. It uses a highly bio available source of Zinc in the form of Zinc Citrate.
Zinc is prevalent in numerous body functions and systems such as the:-
- Central Nervous System (CNS) and Skeletal Muscle.
- Hormone Production (Growth, Repair and Digestion)
- Supports 300 enzyme functions in the body and makes up part of 3000 different proteins in the body.
90% of the bodies Zinc content is used in Skeletal Muscles (60%) & Bones (30%).
Those involved in intense exercise require higher levels of Zinc. Therefore, it is important adequate levels of Zinc are obtained for:-
- Optimum athletic performance and strength development.
- Its role in hormone production allows a stable release of testosterone, growth hormone and insulin-like growth factor (IGF-1). This will aid performance, strength adaptations and recovery.
Zinc is considered to be lacking in modern diets, which often results in deficiencies (Approx 20-30% of the population are thought to be Zinc deficient).
Supports a healthy immune system and bone health - Zinc is a popular general health supplement and promotes normal bone growth
A popular hair skin and nail supplement - Studies show Zinc promotes hair and nail growth. It can also help encourage the production of collagen fibres and elastin.
A key mineral - Zinc plays an essential role in over 300 enzyme functions
Suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans - Dairy Free, Fish Free, Lactose Free, Unsweetened
Free Delivery available on all UK orders, Letterbox friendly packaging